Skills for work and life
We'll help you get the skills you need.
Want to get back into education? Hackney Community College is your perfect choice. Our spacious campus is ideal for learning and the support you’ll get from tutors is first rate.
Here’s how we can help you get ahead in life and work:
- If you speak English as another language (if, like many local people, you speak another language in your home) we offer special classes to help you learn English to prepare you for Citizenship and for work in the UK. You’ll be studying alongside other people just like you – so you’ll fit in from day one.
- If you have the basics in your subject, you can move up to level 2 and beyond. And, we’ll make sure that you’re maths, English and IT skills develop along the way.
- If you want to improve your Literacy and Numeracy, you can work towards achieving your National Test in Adult Literacy and Adult Numeracy at levels 1 and 2.
- If you want to go on to Higher Education level (also known as HE, degree or University level) but don’t have any A Levels, our Access to Higher Education courses are ideal. They’re the same standard as A Levels, but are specially designed for adults and give you a full preparation for HE study.
- If you aren’t quite ready for an Access course, you can study one of our Pre-Access courses first.
Linking your study to the world of work
By having close links with employers across a number of industries, we’re able to offer courses that are directly relevant to the world of work. So if you want to get qualified, whether in construction or care, IT or business, we’ll have something to suit you.