Cost effective solutions for HE
Good news! You can now apply for a *student loan* when you choose to study an HNC or an HND at Hackney Community College.
Fees – Can I afford it?
There’s been a lot of debate about fees for higher education. We can guarantee that our fees will be significantly lower than equivalent courses at universities.
- Currently our fee for an HNC or HND (for Home students) is just £3,295.
- The fees for Foundation Degrees are set by the awarding university and we can tell you this cost on application.
And don’t forget – your future is definitely worth investing in!
You could get a student loan and repay it later
1. Your first step is to apply and come for an interview at HCC. Most places are part-time and we do offer some full-time places. You will discuss this at your interview.
2. When you have been offered a place you could apply for a student loan. To apply, click on this link and follow the instructions. Click on “full time” or “part time”, depending on the course that you’ve been offered. Then simply follow the instructions. There’s also a short video to help you.
3. Finally, The Student Loans Council will then verify your offer of a course with us before you receive your money.
There are two parts of the Student Loan:
- Tuition Fee – this loan will go directly towards covering the full cost of the course tuition fees
- Maintenance loan – this loan will help you with living costs – such as rent, travel, food, household bills etc.
Students on part-time courses are eligible for the tuition fee loan only.
Students on full-time courses may also apply for the maintenance loan and grant.
For detailed information about the financial support you could receive as a higher education student, please see our FAQs page