- Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies (Higher Education: level 4)
- What you can study
- Access to Higher Education
- A Levels
- Business Admin & the Digital Office
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Post-16 SEND (for people with learning difficulties and / or disabilities)
- Early Years Education
- Electrical Installation
- Fashion and Textiles
- Health and Social Care
- Higher Education
- Hospitality and Catering
- Interactive Media
- Mastic Asphalt
- Motor Vehicle
- On Track
- Painting and Decorating
- Performing Arts and Circus Arts
- Domestic Unvented Hot Water Systems
- Teacher Training
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Download a prospectus or guide
- Term dates
- Admissions policy
- Courses and levels
Performing Arts and Circus Arts
All the world's a stage...
As a performing arts student at HCC, you'll get loads of great opportunities to perform in front of live audiences, in a whole range of exciting settings.
Hackney Community College’s performing arts and circus arts courses prepare students for some of the most prestigious schools of acting in the UK and even across the globe.
All of our tutors have strong experience, and we work in collaboration with industry experts, such as the National Centre for Circus Arts, the Royal Shakespeare Company, scriptwriters for Eastenders and many more. They work alongside us students and help us to put on a top rate performance and give us industry experience.
The opportunities are endless at HCC with many students going on to study at National Centre for Circus Arts, Rose Bruford College, Trinity Laban, Urdang Academy, Middlesex University, Central School of Speech & Drama and The Guildhall School of Music & Drama when they leave us.
So come and check out our fantastic facilities and sign up for an exciting course today!
This link will take you to the National Centre for Circus Arts page for the Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts – Circus Arts This course is run 75% at Hackney Community College and the remainder of the time at National Centre for Circus Arts.
Opportunities to shine!
On stage at the Barbican
Taking part in world record 1000 plays in 10 days!
Showcase at HCC Student Awards, Amazon Fashion Photography Studio
BTEC Level 2 in performing arts (Level 3 also offered)
- Dance: Jazz, urban & contemporary
- Acting: Individual showcases, scripted plays
- Public performances
Check out these pics with our students!
HCC students performed in the co-production between the Royal Opera and the Roundhouse of Orfeo. Check out the photos here
Performing Arts success
Check out the excellent opportunities our students have experienced in recent years
- Lili Palmer, Tigi di Tullio, Rebecca Cross and Olivia Bubin were in the co-production between the Royal Opera and the Roundhouse of Orfeo.
- Thorne Bailey auditioned and was picked out of 400 young men to train and perform in the week residency of Frantic Assembly’s Ignition.
- Amethyst Beazer performed in Dance United’s Performance Co in Nottingham and at Two Temple Place
- Emily Currie was picked to perform in a forthcoming Musical Theatre production at Hackney Empire.
What could you achieve while on your course at HCC?
Our Performing Arts BTEC students got the chance to welcome professionals from the Royal Shakespeare Company for a week of intensive workshops at the College, culminating in a unique performance of Othello. The students used song, drumming, movement and language to explore the themes and story of the play.
The young people benefited from working with artists with trans-cultural heritage, which was reflected in the work through approaches such as drumming and integration of movement and song. Actor and director of the workshops and performance, Patrice Naiambana said: “This is a fantastic group. The students have thrown themselves into it, and their improvisation is very impressive.”