- What our students say
- What you can study
- Access to Higher Education
- A Levels
- Applied Science
- Business Administration & Digital Office Skills
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Circus Arts
- Post-16 SEND (for people with learning difficulties and / or disabilities)
- Early Years Education
- Electrical Installation
- Fashion and Textiles
- Games Design
- Health and Social Care
- Higher Education
- Hospitality and Catering
- Mastic Asphalt
- Motor Vehicle
- On Track
- Painting and Decorating
- Performing Arts and Circus Arts
- Teacher Training
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Download a prospectus or guide
- Term dates
- Admissions policy
- Courses and levels
Performing Arts and Circus Arts
All the world's a stage...
As a performing arts student at HCC, you'll get loads of great opportunities to perform in front of live audiences, in a whole range of exciting settings.
Our performing arts and circus arts courses prepare students for some of the most prestigious schools of acting in the UK and even across the globe.
All of our tutors have strong experience, and we work in collaboration with industry experts, such as the National Centre for Circus Arts, Guildhall School of Music and Drama and The Almeida Theatre, who work alongside our students and help us to put on a top rate performance and give us industry experience.
Current work with external practitioners includes: Recent performance of ‘Cookies’ directed by Anna Ledwich and commissioned and developed by the Theatre Royal Haymarket, weekend audition courses with Jennie Buckman, ex Head of Acting at RADA, Immediate Theatre Company’s Acting for Camera Course working with two current industry film directors.
The opportunities are endless at New City College with many students going on to study BA Hons and HNCs at National Centre for Circus Arts, East 15 School of Acting, Urdang Academy, Middlesex University, Central School of Speech & Drama and The Guildhall School of Music & Drama when they leave us, and often work as extras for television and music videos to support their learning.
Come and check out our fantastic facilities and sign up for an exciting course today!
Opportunities to shine!
On stage at the Barbican
Taking part in world record 1000 plays in 10 days!
Showcase at HCC Student Awards, Amazon Fashion Photography Studio
Performing arts success
Jessica studied Level 3 BTEC in Performing Arts, worked with the Theatre Royal Haymarket alongside her studies and has progressed to East 15 School of Acting – one of the top 5 drama schools in the UK.
Shantelle studied Level 3 Performing Arts and has progressed to Urdang Academy, a leading and highly competitive vocational dance college to study BA Hons dance.
Check out the excellent opportunities our students have experienced in recent years
- Lili Palmer, Tigi di Tullio, Rebecca Cross and Olivia Bubin were in the co-production between the Royal Opera and the Roundhouse of Orfeo.
- Thorne Bailey auditioned and was picked out of 400 young men to train and perform in the week residency of Frantic Assembly’s Ignition.
- Amethyst Beazer performed in Dance United’s Performance Co in Nottingham and at Two Temple Place
- Emily Currie was picked to perform in a forthcoming Musical Theatre production at Hackney Empire.
What could you achieve while on your course at New City College?