Wow! How fantastic were the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games?!
For media enquiries, call 020 7613 9090 or 07815 881 063.
We’ve done so much in the lead up to and during the London 2012 Games, we’ve got a 2012 blog! Follow us here:
Hackney was one of the five official Olympic east London boroughs and so Hackney Community College had some important work to do! At HCC we were committed to supporting our students and members of the local community to get involved in opportunities that the Games brought.
The College had its own 2012 Team to make sure it was in a strong position to respond to the skills and development needs of local people, and to be on hand to support the Games’ organisers.
We’re proud that we helped our students to make the most of the Olympic and Paralympic Games:
- Around 50,000 Olympic volunteers trained at our campus
- 2,000 students have undertaken a Games-related curriculum project
- 1,000 extra students in sports sessions
- 500 unemployed people got jobs at the Games through us
- 250 students got paid work at the Games
- 200 top-performing students received free tickets
- 100 student volunteers came from HCC
- 80 students worked on the building of the Olympic park
- 20 students catered for VIPs in the stadium
- 10 students and 2 staff performed in the opening ceremony
- 2 students were torch bearers
- 1 amazing Hackney Community College
Hackney Community College – proud to have been part of the London 2012 Games.